Monday, August 23, 2010

Two Stories?

Was I the only one who noticed how the local politicians welcomed the government’s Housing Growth Fund hand-out, having previously said that it was not enough?

When the government cut £6 million from the fund, Councillor Sian Reid, Cambridge City Council's executive councillor for growth, condemned the decision as "ludicrous", adding: "The funding the Government has taken away is sure to deprive Cambridge residents of important affordable housing and infrastructure projects." Cambridge News, 18/12/2009.

Last week…

Councillor Sian Reid, leader of Cambridge City Council, said: “We are pleased to hear the Coalition Government has confirmed our capital funding allocation for this year so we can concentrate on the important task of delivering new homes, in particular affordable homes, to help meet pressing local demands...” Cambridge News, 19/08/2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment